Monday, August 30, 2010

Movie Review - The Last AirBender

Plot synopsis: The story follows the adventures of Aang, a young successor to a long line of Avatars, who must put his childhood ways aside and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.

I have serious doubt going in for this show as almost 90% of the people I have spoken to about this movie, gave it the thumbs down. So it was with much trepidation that I parted with my hard earned dollars for ticket

You might ask why? Because I was really fond of the cartoon and I would regret it if I missed this one.

So, was it really that bad? Suprisingly, NO. I found myself quite entertainted by the movie. Forget about storyline or dialogue, this movie is all about fantasy and entertainment. It's about having a good time not killing those brain cells with serious thinking. Not brainwork needed at all.

Maybe it was the low expectations before going in but I like it. The CGI was good and the storyline not that bad. Also it was not boring, which is one of my criteria for lambasting a movie. Here the pace is good, and you're kept entertained throughout the movie.

Acting skills for most of the actors is very much encouraged but hey, this movie is not about thespian acting. And the young boy Aang, played by child actor Noah Ringer is suprisingly good.






Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment