Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movie Review - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Plot Synopsis: A disgraced journalist, Mikael Bloomkist, is hired by an eccentric billionaire to investigate a disappearance of his niece 40 years ago. The billionaire is convinced that a member of his family is responsible for this dastardly act . Together, with a computer hacker, Lisbeth Salander, they travelled to a small town in Sweden to unravel this mystery and discover what actually happened that many years ago.


This has got to be one of the best shows of the year. It is a murder mystery with an excellent storyline and unpredictable ending. I am not going to give away the ending but suffice to say, the show stays truthful to the book, which is also an excellent novel.


Noomi Rapace gives an accurate portrayal of the protagonist and for those who have read the book, you can actually see the semblance of Lisbeth Salander in here. I am not too impressed with Mikael Nyqvist because I felt that he was too staid as the main protagonist Mikael Bloomkist. I can't wait to see Daniel Craig taking this role in the American remake which is currently filming.


The movie's whodunnit theme and edgy camerawork manages to keep story in suspense and the audience will definitely be at the edge of the seats throughout the movie. I know I was, and I have already read the book. All in all, I left the theater extremely satisfied that one of my favourites books was successfully turned into a movie. One bit of advice though, go see the movie before reading the book. You will enjoy the movie better and will have a better understading when reading the book.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment